(comparative more superlative most )
- there is not much left no queda mucho
- it's not worth much no vale mucho, no tiene mucho valor
- much has happened since you left han pasado muchas cosas desde que te fuiste
- she made much of the fact that… le dio mucha importancia al hecho de que…
- I'll say this much for him, he's very polite tengo que admitir que es muy amable
- I don't think much of him no lo tengo en gran estima
- it didn't come as much of a surprise no fue ninguna sorpresa
- she isn't much of a singer no es gran cosa como cantante
- in the end it cost as much again al final costó el doble
- twice as much el doble
- I thought/expected as much era lo que pensaba/me esperaba
- as much as possible todo lo posible
- it was as much as we could do to stand upright apenas podíamos mantenernos en pie
- he left without so much as saying goodbye se marchó sin siquiera decir adiós
- he has drunk so much that… ha bebido or tomado tanto que… (Am)
- so much the better tanto mejor
- so much so that… tanto es así que…
- so much for her promises of help! ¡y me había prometido su ayuda!
- I've got too much tengo demasiado
- that's a bit much! (familiar) ¡eso es pasarse!
Normalmente, sólo se usa en estructuras negativas e interrogativas, salvo en lenguaje formal.
- how much money? ¿cuánto dinero?
- there isn't much traffic no hay mucho tráfico
- too much time demasiado tiempo
- so much time tanto tiempo
- as much time as you like tanto tiempo como quieras, todo el tiempo que quieras
- much work still needs to be done (Formal) aún queda mucho trabajo por hacer
- I don't like it much no me gusta mucho
- much as I'd like to, I can't go por mucho que quiera, no puedo ir
- much better/worse mucho mejor/peor
- much the best/largest con mucho el mejor/más grande
- thank you very much muchas gracias
- it's/he's much the same (as before) no ha cambiado mucho
- much to my astonishment para mi estupefacción
- much too good demasiado bueno
- much as I like him, I don't really trust him aunque me cae muy bien, no me fío de él
- the result was much as I expected resultó más o menos como esperaba
- so much tanto
- too much demasiado
- they charged me £10 too much me cobraron 10 libras de más
- this is too much! ¡esto ya es el colmo!
mucho there isn't much time no tenemos mucho tiempo; tenemos poco tiempo; much crime goes unreported hay muchos crímenes que no se denuncian much "antique" furniture is not genuine I haven't got as much energy as you no tengo tanta energía como tú how much sugar do you want? ¿cuánto azúcar quieres? so much tea tanto té she's got so much energy tiene tanta energía too much jam demasiada mermelada (f) we haven't got too much time no tenemos demasiado tiempo very much mucho we haven't very much time no tenemos mucho tiempo; tenemos poco tiempo without much money sin mucho dinero Yul's divorce from Doris left him without much money
there isn't much time no tenemos mucho tiempo; tenemos poco tiempo; much crime goes unreported hay muchos crímenes que no se denuncian
much "antique" furniture is not genuine
I haven't got as much energy as you no tengo tanta energía como tú
how much sugar do you want? ¿cuánto azúcar quieres?
so much tea tanto té
she's got so much energy tiene tanta energía
too much jam demasiada mermelada (f)
we haven't got too much time no tenemos demasiado tiempo
very much mucho
we haven't very much time no tenemos mucho tiempo; tenemos poco tiempo
without much money sin mucho dinero
Yul's divorce from Doris left him without much money
1 (a lot) mucho; (before pp) muy
he hasn't changed much
she doesn't go out much no sale mucho
it doesn't much matter it doesn't matter much no importa mucho
I much regret that ... siento mucho que ...
I much regret that you left the meeting disappointed I much regret being unable to produce the letter
it won't finish much before midnight no terminará mucho antes de la media noche
it won't continue much after 11 o'clock much more easily
much better mucho mejor; he's much richer than I am or than me es mucho más rico que yo; much pleased muy satisfecho
much as I would like to go a pesar de que me gustaría mucho ir; aunque me gustaría mucho ir
much as I should like to por mucho que quisiera; much as I like him aunque or a pesar de que me gusta mucho; much as he hated the idea ... a pesar de lo que odiaba la idea ...; much as I respect her ideas, I still think she's wrong a pesar de que respeto mucho sus ideas or aunque respeto mucho sus ideas, creo que está equivocada
however much he tries por mucho que se esfuerce
it won't make any difference, however much you protest
I hardly know her, much less her mother apenas la conozco, y mucho menos a su madre
he couldn't understand the question, much less answer it
not much no mucho
"Do you care what other people think?" "Not much" "How much wine is left?" "Not much"
thank you (ever) so much muchísimas gracias; muy agradecido
I feel ever so much better me siento muchísimo mejor
I'd like to thank you ever so much for your kindness thank you ever so much
much though I like him por mucho que él me guste
much though he hated the idea, he knew that ... a pesar de lo que odiaba la idea, sabía que ...; he had reservations about the scheme, much though he valued Alison's opinions tenía sus dudas respecto al plan, a pesar de que valoraba mucho las opiniones de Alison
much to my astonishment para gran sorpresa mía
he talks too much habla demasiado
very much mucho
I enjoyed myself very much me divertí mucho
he's much the best player in the team
much the biggest con mucho el más grande; I would much rather stay prefiero mucho más quedarme
mucho there isn't much to do no hay mucho que hacer but much remains but much remains to be done pero queda mucho que or por hacer
there isn't much to do no hay mucho que hacer
but much remains
but much remains to be done pero queda mucho que or por hacer
Much has been done, but much remains to be done Endocrinology is a relatively new branch in medical science, and much remains to be discovered by modern scientists in this battle of the bookstores, much remains to be seen
you've got as much as she has tienes tanto como ella
you spend as much as me
it didn't cost as much as I had expected no costó tanto como yo me esperaba; it can cost as much as \$2,000 puede llegar a costar 2.000 dólares
that's a bit much! ¡eso es demasiado!
there isn't much in it (between alternatives) no hay mucha diferencia; no va mucho de uno a otro
how much is it a kilo? ¿cuánto vale el kilo?
how much does it cost? ¿cuánto cuesta?
[how] much is it?
she won but there wasn't much in it ganó, pero no por mucho
she's not much to look at físicamente no vale mucho
to make much of sth dar mucha importancia a algo
he made much of the fact that ...
much of this is true gran parte de esto es verdad
we don't see much of each other no nos vemos mucho; we haven't heard much of him lately últimamente apenas sabemos nada de él; I'm not much of a musician sé muy poco de música; entiendo poco de música; I'm not much of a cook no cocino muy bien; he's not much of a player como jugador no vale mucho; that wasn't much of a dinner eso apenas se podía llamar cena
we spent so much gastamos tanto
I've got so much to do tengo tantísimo que hacer
that's too much eso es demasiado
it's not up to much no vale gran cosa
"what did you think of the film?" "I didn't think it was up to much"